| Content |
You are still worrying how to describe to your patients their dental occlusion disorder? We can help you!
Understanding occlusal principles can help you answer a question: why a healthy patient with perfect teeth can have a lot of different reactions after a single restoration of the second molar with displaced deflected contact. Different patients may react quite differently to a single cause factor:
1. A tooth becomes sensitive to hot or cold substances, or it starts aching
2. A tooth becomes painful during biting
3. A tooth becomes loose
4. A tooth wears off excessively
5. A mandible deflects as a result of other teeth interfering and becoming loose with time
6. Other teeth may wear off because mandible shifts forward
7. Other teeth may get inflamed because of trauma at the end of the sliding motion
8. Forced deviation of a mandible can cause painful hyperactivity or even spasm of mastication muscles
9. Masticatory spasm can cause a lockjaw
10. Muscle strain can cause headaches
11. The combination of teeth and muscles inflammation and headaches can cause strain and stress
12. Permanent stress and strain can cause a depression
13. The combination of discoordinated muscles and deviated mandible can cause condylus/disk disorder
14. Potential disk deviation as a result of hyperactive discoordinated masticatory muscles can cause painful compression of retrodiscal tissues
15. Disk deviation and retrodiscal tissues perforation can cause arthritic degeneration of TMJ
16. All of the above
17. None of the above
Peter Dawson, DDS
Are you tired of looking for nuggets of information in the vastness of books?
Dental occlusion, centric relation, articulator, canine guidance, anterior guidance… How is it possible to understand all this? How is it possible to explain this to patients? And how much time and money have you spent on studies and textbooks? The low rate of return spoils the joy of acquiring new knowledge and skills, and you can do nothing about that.
And what if patients don’t understand you any longer?
When you are busy with upgrading your skill level, you can discover that common people don’t understand you any longer. Lower wing muscle, reciprocal click, jaw lateralization… Are your patients able to understand these terms? Displacement, interference… How can you show this on a sheet of paper? A patient won’t understand you, and you’ll end up just wasting your time on consultations. The patients’ discontent will grow with each visit, because you can’t get rid of your knowledge…
It’s better to see something once with your own eyes than read or tell it in two thousand words!
DentalArt3D Dental Occlusion is a tool for understanding you as a medical man. Moreover, it’s a perfect tool to make your patients understand you as well. Short but clear videos will save your time. Just imagine that instead of spending 15 minutes on explanations about the current condition, its possible consequences and proposed treatment, and jerky drawing all this on a piece of paper, you just show your patients 2 or 3 videos 60-90 seconds long. And this time will be much more fruitful than 2-hour consultations. Such consultation will free your time so that you’ll be able to spend it on your work, or on further training.
Thanks to these videos even a child will understand you!
Just order DentalArt3D Dental Occlusion now, and you’ll have a tool for understanding and consent, as well as:
Almost 70 high quality videos on the following topics:
- Jaw movements (trajectories, directions, muscle work)
- Occlusal compass
- Dental contact in normal and abnormal conditions
- Interference (causes and treatment methods)
- Diagnostics and treatment
- As well as: causes of snoring, injuries after accidents, splints, etc.
- 1 year of free of charge updates for all topics of this version
- Joining DentalArt3D club where you can discuss our product and propose new topics for our future videos